The Department of Theatre Arts supports the missions of Utah State University and the Caine College of the Arts by cultivating artistic and academic excellence, by contributing to the cultural enrichment of the university and surrounding communities through live theatre production, and by fostering respect for the arts through advocacy and professionalism.
USU Application Requirements AT-A-GLANCE
- $50.00 Application fee
- High School transcript
- Concurrent enrollment transcripts
- 2.5 high school GPA or 550 GED [unweighted GPA]
- 17 ACT or 820 SAT (does not include the written portion)
- 90 minimum Admissions Index score
To be considered for university financial aid, applications to USU must be submitted before the Financial Aid Deadline for the specific semester.
Design and Technology BFA
Theatre Education BFA
BA Major/ Minor
Acceptance into the Department is competitive, and not guaranteed.
Department Acceptance Timeline
- For prime consideration, apply and attend the Fall Open House.
- If you are out-of-state and unable to audition, you may send your audition or portfolio and other supporting materials in digital form for consideration.
- Students who do not apply by the Fall Open House date may attend a secondary Open House in the Spring semester. Applicants are considered only if space remains in the individual programs of study.