Resources & Opportunities for Non-Music Majors
The Department of Music at Utah State University offers many classes, ensembles, activities, and concerts that are open to the entire student-body. If you can't find what you are looking for on this page, please contact us at (435) 797-3000. We are committed to providing the university community world-class music experiences.
Spring 2022 Practice Room Scheduling
Practice room scheduling will be available according to the timeline below.
Monday, January 17, 2022
Non-Music Majors registered for individual Piano or Voice instruction may reserve Upright Practice Rooms.
Voice Majors and other Music Majors registered for individual PIANO instruction may reserve Grand Practice Rooms. Please contact Dr. Cahill Smith to schedule Grand Practice Rooms.
Monday, January 24, 2022
Any student registered for individual instruction may reserve Upright Practice Rooms or Instrumental Rooms (no piano). Piano and voice majors may also schedule additional time in Upright Practice Rooms (more than 7 hours per week).
Scheduling, Fee Payment, and Access Codes
Fees to reserve practice rooms are below. These fees are paid once per semester, per hour of weekly schedule practice that semester.
Grand Piano Practice Room - $10.00 per hour (5 hrs./week = $50.00 per semester, 10 hrs./week = $100.00 per semester, 20 hrs./week = $200.00 per semester.)
Upright Piano Practice Room - $5.00 per hour (5 hrs./week = $25.00 per semester, 6 hrs./week = $30.00 per semester, 7 hrs./week = $35.00 per semester.)
Instrumental Practice Room (no piano) - There is no charge for Instrumental Practice Rooms.
Instrumental Practice Rooms
- Beginning Tuesday, January 18, 2022, non—music majors taking individual instruction may schedule practice times. Only students taking individual instruction may schedule practice room use.
- Non-music major practice room scheduling is done by emailing, calling, or visiting Rachel Cook.
Practice Room Scheduling Instructions
- On your computer (phones are not recommended), go to scheduling.usu.edu and log in with your A# and strong password.
- Click on "Locations" in the left hand column, then click on "Add/Remove Locations, scroll down and check "Fine Arts Center."
- Review the daily chart for your preferred practice room.
- Click your preferred hour(s), verify the time slot, and click OK.
- Click the recurrence button to schedule the same time/day(s) each week. Select start date beginning with the first day of the semester, and ending by the last day. (Double check that your recurrence is accurate.)
- Click "Apply Recurrence."
- Click the circle + button for the room you want. (Do NOT select multiple rooms at this stage, every circle + button you click will add a room to be scheduled.)
- Specify the number of users (1), then click the "Next Step" button.
- Fill out the required fields, entering your first and last name in the "Event Name" field, and click "Create Reservation."
- Music majors will be emailed this information immediately prior to the beginning of the semester.
Spring 2022 Locker Checkouts
Locker check-outs for non-music majors will begin at 8:00 A.M. on Tuesday, Tuesday, January 18, 2022. Lockers are checked out on the instument locker check-out page. You can find instructions at music.usu.edu/locker-reservation-instructions to help you prepare.
If you have questions or concerns about practice room or locker check out please call (435) 797-3204