In addition to applying for admission to the University, all applicants interested in pursuing a music degree must perform an audition on their major instrument prior to their first semester enrolling in music courses. Schedule your audition by filling out the Online Audition Application (must be submitted no later than one week prior to the audition date). Auditions serve admission and placement purposes, and are also for talent scholarship consideration. For Aggie Marching Band information, including AMB financial opportunities, visit the Aggie Marching Band page.
Brass Auditions for the 2022-23 Academic Year
- Saturday, February 11, 2023, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm, FAC 118
- Saturday, February 25, 2023, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm, FAC 118
Applicants with a brass primary instrument considering a Bachelor of Music in Music Education with Band emphasis, a Bachelor of Music in Music Performance with Wind/Brass/Percussion emphasis, or are auditioning as a non-music major should prepare the following:
- Scales: All major scales -- one octave
- Literature: Two contrasting etudes or solo pieces of the candidate's choice that demonstrate lyrical and technical proficiency.
If travel distance, schedule conflicts, or other circumstances prevent you from auditioning in-person, you may submit a video recording of your audition.
Additional Contact Information
- Trumpet: Dr. Max Matzen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Horn: Dr. Lauren Hunt at email@example.com
- Euphonium, Trombone, or Tuba: Dr. Lane Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brass/Woodwind/Percussion Program Info: Dr. Thomas Rohrer at email@example.com