Faculty Travel Grants
Spring 2018 Request for Proposals
Application Deadline to CCA Dean's Office: Friday, January 26, 2018
(Faculty members should check with department offices for department deadlines)
The Caine College of the Arts offers the opportunity for members of the faculty to apply for grants to support travel for projects that will support the attainment of excellence in the faculty member’s role. Applicants may request up to a maximum of $1,000 per proposal round. Funds are available to support travel for full time faculty members, including tenured, tenure track, and term appointment faculty (including those with “lecturer,” “clinical,” or “professional practice” in the title). Travel must take place after February 15, 2018, and spring semester funds must be expended by October 15, 2018. Faculty members with projects falling after that time will be eligible to apply for support in the September 2018 round of proposals. This program is very competitive; faculty members should be careful to submit complete applications and to follow the Proposal Format and Guidelines below.
Proposal Format and Guidelines
- The completed cover sheet (downloadable).
- A one-page summary of the travel to be supported, including the importance of the project to the faculty member’s role and career trajectory.
- The completed budget page (downloadable).
- A list of current and anticipated travel funding (downloadable) for the 2017-2018 academic year, including any matching funds available for the proposed project.
- A two-page condensed vita that includes the faculty member’s professional products, the number of years at USU, faculty rank, and other information relevant to the request for funding.
- Submit all materials to the CCA Dean’s Office by 5 PM, January 26, 2018.
A college committee will review the proposals and make recommendations to the dean regarding their appropriateness and priority for support. Factors considered include proposal merit, importance to the faculty member’s career trajectory, and past and current funding history. Although funding is limited, faculty may submit multiple applications. Please do not submit a single proposal for multiple trips. Questions about this grant program may be directed to Nicholas Morrison in the CCA Dean’s Office. Requests that provide matching funds from the department or other sources will enhance funding prospects. Please include any expenses you plan to pay for personally as matching funds in the “other” category identified as “personal funds.”
If the proposal is funded, a final report must be submitted to the Dean’s office summarizing the activities undertaken with the grant. All college and university travel guidelines must be followed (Assistance with travel documents is available from the CCA Business Services Office). Previous recipients must have submitted a final report in order for new applications to be considered. If travel is still pending from a previous grant, please note this in the application.