Lifespan classes are designed to provide enriching experiences and a community for individuals with an interest in the visual arts. It is a community course taught by USU MFA students in ceramics and painting. No grades, just fun! These courses are offered throuhout the year with new sessions beginning each Fall, Spring & Summer. Courses are for adults who may or may not be enrolled at Utah State University and each class is geared towards the needs of the students in the class. Every ability is welcome! Students come from a variety of background experiences from beginner to advanced.
Lifespan is designed to provide enriching experiences for individuals interested in learning about clay. The class may cover wheel throwing and/or handbuilding techniques depending on the interests of students enrolled. Because the USU ceramics studio is a year round educational facility, we cannot accommodate individuals seeking to use the studio as a primary facility for creating production ware for resale.
- Status: FULL
- Masks are ENCOURAGED at all times
- Class is limited to 20 studens
- 10 sessions of instruction
- One 25 lb. bag of clay (additional bags $10)
- Use of studio glazes
- Firing of finished works
- Early morning, evening and weekend access to the studio for the duration of the course
- A beginners tool kit (available for purchase at the USU bookstore)
- A 1-gallon bucket
- A towel
- A clean-up sponge