The graphic design emphasis area delivers a comprehensive professional education in the study and practice of visual communication design. Education in design theory and practice prepares students to become leaders in the various disciplines that constitute today's design profession. Graphic design students receive training in collaboration, innovation, theory, professional practice, technical competence, history, creative processes and sustainability. This competitive program culminates in the creation of a professional portfolio that helps our alumni get jobs in prestigious national and international design studios and advertising agencies.
BFA Review Process
Forms and Portfolio Submission:
- Download the Graphic Design BFA review application from the Art + Design (A+D) website. Read the form carefully to make sure you qualify (have completed or are enrolled in the necessary classes).
- Obtain an unofficial copy of your transcripts.
- Assemble a PDF Portfolio that includes your name on the cover.
- Your completed BFA application
- Current transcripts
- Work examples from all your classes required to apply for the BFA
Note: You may photograph large works and reduce them to fit the format.
- Email your completed portfolio with application to Tori Moss before 9:00 A.M., Friday, December 11. If your portfolio is too large to email, you may use Big File Transfer. Applicants will be notified via email by 3:30 P.M., Friday, December 11.
Note: The art work you submit for review must be your best and must be representative of the classes required to apply for the BFA review. If the work is 3D, please provide a photograph. Work from Art 2400 Intro to Graphic Design will be given strongest scrutiny.
Notification of Acceptance
Candidates will be notified regarding acceptance via email by 3:30 PM Friday, December 11. Please make sure that your email is correct and legible on the application form. If you are not accepted, please see your current graphic design instructor or CCA advisor for guidance.