PURCHASING YOUR CAP & GOWN
Graduation Fair: Place for student to purchase their Cap, Gown & Tassel for Graduation
|Date:||March 18th and 19th (Tuesday and Wednesday)|
|Location:||TSC, Campus Store, textbook side of hallway|
|Time:||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Cost:||$39.99 (the price will increase to $49.99 after the Graduation Fair is over)|
- If you are planning on participating in the Spring 2014 Commencement Ceremonies, then you should attend the graduation fair to purchase your cap, gown & tassel.
- You may also Pre-order & purchase your cap & gown now through the Campus Store website at the following address: http://campussstore.usu.edu/c-156-graduation.aspx. Pre-orders placed via the bookstore's website will be available for in-store pickup after 12:00 pm on Wednesday, March 19th. Pre-orders placed via the web requesting shipment will be shipped after 12:00 pm on Wednesday, March 19th and an email confirmation will be sent to you once it has shipped.
- On-line orders for cap, gown & tassels will continue after March 19th and will be shipped to the student within 24 hours after completion.
- If you need further information, contact the Campus Store at 1-800-662-3950 or (435) 797-3950.
University Undergraduate Commencement Ceremonies
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
- 8:30 am – Assemble on the University Quad – students and faculty will assemble on the Quad by Colleges to prepare for the procession to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. In the event of rain, please assemble in the Nelson Field House for the procession.
- While waiting for the procession to begin, your Dean and Department Heads will present you with a College Medallion. You are receiving the medallion as a gift for walking in the graduation ceremonies.
- 9:00 am – Academic Procession begins at the University Quad to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, where the university commencement ceremony is held. (names will not be read in this ceremony, only in the College Ceremony, held at 12:00 noon).
- Guest tickets are not required for the commencement ceremonies; seating is strictly on a first-come, first-serve basis. Doors to the Spectrum will open at 8:00 am on Saturday, May 3rd.
Caine College of the Arts Graduation Ceremony
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014 at 12:00 noon in the Kent Concert Hall
- Students please arrive at the Green Room (by the CCA box office) on the first floor of the FAC by 11:15 am on Saturday, May 3rd, 2014. Names Cards will be posted on poster boards in the Green Room. Locate your name card and line up behind your college marshal according to your discipline.
- Students will proceed to the Kent Concert Hall where they will be given direction on seating. The ceremony begins at 12:00 noon and will last approximately 1 hour.
- You will not need tickets for your family members, they are welcome to sit anywhere in the Kent Concert Hall.
- When directed, you will rise and hand your name card to the person reading the names. Do not move across the stage until your name has been announced. When your name is announced, proceed across the stage to receive your diploma cover.
- You will wear your tassel on the right side of your cap. There will be a Turning of the Tassel Ceremony at the end of the graduation ceremony, directed by Craig Jessop, Dean of the Caine College of the Arts. Please wait to move your tassel until this time.
- A professional photographer will be present at the ceremony to take your picture as you cross the stage. Information on how to obtain your photo will be provided at the ceremony.
Following the ceremony, there will be an Ice Cream Social in the Green Room. Bring your family and celebrate!
- Participation in the Graduation Ceremony does not signify your official graduation from Utah State University. Your official graduation is pending the completion and review of all University graduation requirements.
- Accommodations for Person with Disabilities – For information on sign language interpreting, accessible parking, and wheelchair access, contact the Disability Resource Center at (435) 797-2444 or see their website page at http://www.usu.edu/drc/
- Diplomas: If you do not attend your college ceremony, you may pick up your diploma cover in the Registrar's Office at no charge. If you want your cover mailed with your diploma, there is a $5.60 postage fee. Your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided on your application for graduation 8 – 10 weeks after graduation. Please double-check and make sure you have a correct address and phone number on your graduation application.
- Your name will appear on your diploma and in the commencement program exactly as it is displayed in the Banner Access system. If your name needs to be changed, complete the "Change of Information Form" at the Registrar's office by April 1, 2014. Changes will not be made after this date.
- Please resolve any outstanding financial obligation to Utah State University, such as library fines, parking tickets, etc. You will not receive your diploma and may not order transcripts, or have other documents released, if you have unresolved financial obligations.
- For additional information regarding Spring 2014 Commencement and activities, please go to the following web page: http://www.usu.edu/commencement.
Click here to download this information (PDF)