The Caine Home was built in 1918 by George Ballif Caine (1889-1969) and Marie Eccles Caine (1892-1981). Professor Caine founded the Dairy Department of Utah State Agricultural College in 1919 and was the Department Head for 38 years. As a girl, Marie Eccles studied art in Chicago and New York City, and she and her family were patrons of the arts. Their three children, Kathryn Caine Wanlass, George Eccles Caine, and Manon Caine Russell grew up in this home and attended Utah State.
The architectural design for the house was done by Fred Hodgeson, who had studied architecture with Frank Lloyd Wright.
After Marie's death in 1981, the home became property of the Marie Eccles Caine Charitable Foundation, and was renovated in 1986 for the use of Utah State University faculty as a meeting and entertainment facility. The user may use any licensed caterer they choose, however, no red sauces or beverages are permitted in the Caine Home. Alcohol is permitted
Events that will be best suited to this venue include buffet luncheons/dinners, receptions, and smaller gatherings of up to 100 people. For scheduling information, please contact Sara Grove in the CCA Production Services Scheduling Department at 435-797-3040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.